Ford are having a bit of joy now at the the CarBuyers awards and have won the Best Hot Hatch award which is prestigious thanks to the popularity of the hot hatch category. We weren’t too taken aback when we heard the Focus was the manufacturer’s 1st win at the CarBuyer awards, it was hardly going to be the Ford C-Max was it… Seriously. Specifically the car that has taken the best hot hatch award is the Ford Focus ST.
Other cars that are having joy are the BMW 5 Series which we have mentioned before, the Mercedes Benz S-Class which has taken the award for the best luxury car, the Hyundai i10 which has taken the car of the year award as well as the best city car of the year, one that shocked us was in the best convertible category which saw the Volkswagen Golf cabriolet take the award when there’s cars like the Mercedes Benz SL Class around.
Anyway here is the full list of winners at the CarBuyer awards.
- Car of the Year: Hyundai i10
- Best City Car: Hyundai i10
- Best Small Car: Ford Fiesta
- Best Hybrid / Electric Car: BMW i3
- Best Small SUV: Dacia Duster
- Best Large SUV: Hyundai Santa Fe
- Best Family Car: SEAT Leon
- Best Large Family Car: Mazda6
- Best Estate Car: Skoda Octavia estate
- Best MPV: SEAT Alhambra
- Best Coupe: Toyota GT-86
- Best Executive Car: BMW 3 Series
- Best Large Executive Car: BMW 5 Series
- Best Hot Hatch: Ford Fiesta ST
- Best Convertible: Volkswagen Golf cabriolet
- Best Luxury Car: Mercedes S-Class
- Buyer’s Award: Kia seven-year warranty